½ cups self-raising flour
3ml baking powder
A pinch of salt
125ml oat bran
100ml olive oil
250ml plain yoghurt
1-2 rounds feta cheese, crumbled
2 green apples, peeled, cored and chopped
125ml steamed vegetables (e.g. beetroot, butternut, carrots and peas, finely chopped)
15ml ground cumin
250ml cooked chickpeas
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
45ml lemon juice
60ml olive oil
Pinch of salt
10ml tahini or sesame seeds.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Grease the hollows of a muffin pan.
- Sift the self-raising flour, baking powder and salt together. Add the oat bran.
- Beat the olive oil, eggs and yoghurt together until just mixed.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and pour in the oil mixture.
- Sprinkle the feta cheese and apple over the flour and stir until just mixed. The mixture should be slightly lumpy.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 12-15 minutes until cooked.
- Col in the pan for a few minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack.
Place all the ingredients together in a food processor and blend until smooth. Serve with muffins.