Courses for Parents
Online Courses Available for Parents, Teachers, Home-school Groups
Are you facing any of these problems in your family and need someone to help you make positives change to better your children’s lives?
- Bad behavior, tantrums, highs and lows?
- Children are tired, irritable?
- Children wont eat healthy food? Fussy eaters?
- Children are sick often, you spending a fortune on medical bills?
- Children aren’t concentrating at school?
- Children are overweight or underweight, won’t eat?
- Your family is overweight?
- Your family is just not connecting as you would like them too and you not sure how to fix it?
- You’re looking to get a better understanding about food and nutrition.
- You want your family to be healthier and stick with it.
L.E.A.N Start Online Health Coaching (from your home, in your own time)
You are only one step away from receiving valuable tools that will help you learn and practice real solutions for better health and some of the most common problems faced by families today. L.E.A.N. Start strategies will help you replace some of the bad habits we all have in a simple and effective way.
- Experience improvements in your overall health – start today!
- Have fewer sick days and less time away from school or work
- Drastically reduce your medical expenses
- Finally a weight control plan that actually works!
- Experience more active and truly energetic lives for the entire family.
- Have your child concentrate better at school and have better behaviour through the right food.
- Reduce the stress at home with regards to food
- Fabulous tried and tested family recipes
Topics Covered in the online coaching (3 or 6 week course):
- Traffic Light eating & Portion control
- Breakfast & Grains
- Fruit & Vegetables
- Protein & Power up and play
- Skinny on Fat
- Water for your body
- Great downloads, video presentations, great topics
- Online discussions & motivation from your personal health coach
- Dirty dozen, additives & preservatives
- Healthy, practical recipes for families
If you a parent, caregiver or teacher and you passionate about getting children off to a good start in life – sign up. Its fun, interactive and great for the children to do with you. It brings families together, it helps children understand about health with the simple programmes & video presentations. This programme is so professionally done and a first in South Africa with online health coaching.
Special Price: Only R1500 for 7 week course
Online classrooms can be customized to meet the needs of your family or home school group and include complete gradebooks, recorded instruction modules, quizzes, and downloadable worksheets.
Get a group of friends or teachers together and you will qualify for a group discount – the classroom can be specifically designed to meet your needs.
Topics that can be focused on in the course as an extra for your group. So all the above, plus area specific information.
- ADHD – diet, eating plans, how food effects your child and what you can do and try at home.
- Fussy eaters – diet, eating plans, recipes, fabulous suggestions
- Weight loss – Specific for families trying to loose weight
R250 per person
Recipe book PLUS healthy eating cooking course in Bryanston. Healthy cooking courses to start in January 2015.
Health Coaching for Teachers
How might your classroom be different if your students had the proper brain food to help them learn and improve their behaviour? Do you wish that there was a simple, convenient, cost-effective way to teach your students’ families about good nutrition? Would your students benefit from more structure, increased opportunities for exercise at home, and balanced meals made with real, whole food? Dr. Sears’ L.E.A.N. workshops can help you offer effective, affordable solutions within your school. Its a great way to teach children in your class the fundamentals of traffic light eating. I will either come to your school and coach the teachers or the teachers can join me for the online L.E.A.N Start course. We all want to teach our children about food and nutrition. Children learn so much from their teachers. I can do group packages for schools.
The L.E.A.N. Essentials programme is designed to be facilitated as a one-time, two-hour class where parents of children ages 3 -12 years old meet and learn simple strategies to enhance their children’s health through topics like Traffic Light Eating, Brainy Breakfasts the Truth About Fats and Powering up with Protein and Play.
These topics are similar to the topics taught in L.E.A.N. Start, however the time allotted to each topic is very brief and less in depth than L.E.A.N. Start.
L.E.A.N. Essentials Workshops
Being a parent or caregiver, your time is already limited every day.
Thanks to L.E.A.N. Essentials, you don’t have to let that be an excuse for learning about nutrition and healthy living for your children and families.
- Learn easy, fast, healthy and delicious recipes today!
- Understanding why breakfast is so important
- Why do I need to know the Four Pillars of Health?
- The skinny on fat
- Did you know that playing helps kids grow?
Pregnancy & Post Pregnancy
L.E.A.N. Expectations is a workshop consisting of three individual, two-hour classes. These classes can be taken one at a time or as a series and can be taken at any time from pre-pregnancy through the first trimester of post-partum. Each class is appropriate for any stage of pregnancy based on the needs of the participant.
As part of the class, expectant parents will receive the appropriate L.E.A.N. Expectations Book for the class they are attending. I will do group classes for Pregnant moms or Post Pregnancy workshops.
As a mother-to-be, learning how to best take care of your baby starts well before you ever meet your child. Dr. Sears’ years of pediatric experience provides relevant and valuable information to moms in all stages of pregnancy, whether they are carrying their first baby or their fifth.
- Prepare RIGHT Now – Learn the choices that turn your pregnancy into a healthy new beginning
- Eat RIGHT Now – Experience optimal nutrition during pregnancy and beyond
- Live RIGHT Now – Make a smooth transition from pregnancy to motherhood
Receive ultimate personal attention and assistance through an individual consultation where we will work together to determine you and your family’s needs and learn together the best ways to meet your health goals. We will address concerns about about weight loss, behavior issues, memory and learning, and more! Contact me today to learn more about a how I can create a customized plan to help you and your family. I will customized recipes and do a menu plan for your family. On request we can also train your domestic to prepare the various meals for your family.
Are you feeling overwhelmed by the task of going through your pantry to identify foods that may not be healthy for you and your family? If you are looking for a place to start, a fun, interactive Pantry Makeover with myself, a Certified L.E.A.N. Coach & Chef is a great place to begin! During this one-on-one home consultation you, along with your family, can interactively learn:
- How to read a nutrition label
- The simplicity of Traffic Light Eating
- What foods that you may want to consider phasing out of your pantry
- Insightful food preparation and shopping tips
- What foods are on Dr. Sears’ Dirty Dozen list – all printed for you
- Some recipes to add to your healthy recipe collection
- You will receive a guide with special shopping lists and stickers
Receive Traffic Light Eating stickers and shopping lists to help you as you continue on the path toward better health. Both parents and kids will enjoy and benefitfrom this fun, interactive consultation. This takes 2 hours and costs R800.
Smart Shopping Trips
Aisles and aisles of choices at the grocery store can be intimidating. Each product claims that it is healthy, but is it? Who and what should you believe? As aCertified L.E.A.N. Coach, I can make shopping healthy easy for you by going on a Smart Shopping trip with you to help navigate the aisles. During our time together you will:
- Discover how to read a nutrition label
- A brief of traffic light eating
- Learn marketing loopholes to watch for
- Identify healthy brand choices
- Receive confirmation and encouragement in your journey to better health.
- I’ll show you great health shops on line and food to try encourage your children to eat, that they will actually enjoy.
Health Substitute Cooking / Recipe Revamp
Don’t get rid of family recipes! Instead, consider letting me, a Certified L.E.A.N. Coach, show you simple alternatives you can substitute to transform a family favourite into a healthy family favourite! Cooking healthy doesn’t have to mean compromising great taste. Your family and friends will be amazed when you share your new healthy substitution secrets with them!
Christine Phillips of Little Cooks Club has completed the Dr. Sears L.E.A.N. training programme for families & expecting moms. She is now a certified Health Coach.
This is a scientifically proven, clinically based program that offers a variety of fun, interactive and educational workshops for anyone who influences the lives of children.
Christine will come and do talks for business and schools, as well as private sessions for you and your family, to get you on the right road to feeling great.
E-mail her to book dates or to chat: firstname.lastname@example.org