Newsletter, October 2014
Little Cooks Club is so motivated to get families healthy for 2015, this will be one of our big focuses. Your children are just too important to us and we want to see healthier, happier families. Trust us to teach your family healthy habits and to prepare food from scratch. Come to our home cooking classes & let us train your domestic – we can make a difference to your lives.
Useful Website Info
Our website is full of downloads, blogs, recipes, nutritional information and the latest research in the states about food.
Our Events section has all the classes happening at Little Cooks Club and they can be downloaded onto your Google calendar with a map.
All Holiday programmes for December will be up shortly, so book now.
Let us know what you think. We will be adding information on a regular basis with so many exciting things to come.
Online Health Coaching
This has been extremely successful with many impressed and thrilled moms doing the course. The reviews are on the website.
“it’s the most beneficial course and all moms should be doing it”
“we love working with the traffic light eating, it explains everything so clearly”
“great value, wish I had done this years ago”
“love the activity jar – it works”
Here are six simple steps you need to take to improve your own nutrition and feed your family well.
- Start now. Don’t wait until a medical crisis, such as cancer, diabetes, or a heart attack forces you to really understand the importance of nutrition. You don’t have to almost die to keep yourself from dying prematurely.
- Be passionate. Have you ever believed in a cause so much that is consumes every free moment? Believe in your body and your need to feed it right.
- Know your nutrition. The more you know about the importance of nutrition, the better the good food will taste. Increasing your knowledge on the importance of good nutrition will make healthy foods more appealing to you, not only because of the taste but also because of their nutritional content. It’s fun to eat when you truly understand what you’re putting into your body.
- Change your mind-set about food. Think of food as medicine – the best preventative pill you’ll ever swallow, and a tasty one at that. “Health foods” are not about self-denial but rather about the promise of enjoying good health.
- Shape young tastes. The first three years of a child’s life are the best opportunity to instill lifelong eating patterns. The food you serve and the habits you promote become your child’s nutritional norms. Food habits can be changed until 13 years, then habits become a struggle to break.
- Model the importance of good nutrition to your children. Since you teach mostly by example, you have to evaluate and change your own eating habits before you can shape your children’s.
New in South Africa: Online Health Coaching Course for You
Start date: Monday 27th October 2014.
Next date: December – a 6-week workshop while you’re on holiday.
You will spend about 1 hour a week on the course in your own time. Bookings essential for our online classroom and spaces are limited.
Introductory offer of only R1100 for the 6 weeks.
Topics covered in the online coaching (6 week course):
- Traffic Light eating & Portion Control
- Breakfast & Grains
- Fruit & Vegetables
- Protein & Power up and play
- Skinny on Fat
- Water for your body
- Great downloads, video presentations, great topics
- Online discussions & motivation from your personal health coach
- Dirty dozen, additives & preservatives
- Healthy, practical recipes for families
If you a parent, caregiver or teacher and you passionate about getting children off to a good start in life – sign up. Its fun, interactive and great for the children to do with you. It brings families together; it helps children understand about health with the simple programmers’ & video presentations. It’s not a diet, it’s a change of life. Join me, Christine.
Email me to book dates or chat: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like a group talk at one of the franchises, let the franchisee in your area know and we can set aside a date and time.
School talks available for parents and children.
Parties at Little Cooks Club
Due to the huge demand for our awesome parties, please plan your children’s parties in advance – about 3 months in advance. They are so popular and we want your child to enjoy the experience and have the best day ever.
The party themes are:
- Spade to Spatula – planting and cooking
- Whisks and Wooden Spoons – preparing one healthy delight and one naughty
- Kids vs Kitchen – team building challenges with prizes
- Liquorice and Lime – mystery baskets and tastings with prizes
- Frosting and Fondant – cake pops and cake decorating
Our parties are very personalized and special; we put so much emphasis on the children and what they are learning. Book in advance, as our parties are extremely popular. Some of the franchisees make the most beautiful cakes and cake pops if you would like to place your orders with them.
Timeless Family Food Journal (Christmas Special)
Please order online (www.timelessfamilyfoodjournal.co.za). Only R300 for a book that will last a lifetime. Order now for Christmas. Delivery R70 or you can collect.
The recipes are fantastic and the children are really enjoying making the book their own with illustrations, pasting in pictures, and moms adding notes and treasured memories. It’s perfect for ages 2 to 14 years and a must have in every home. It contains some great holiday ideas on what to make from soaps and body scrubs to paint and playdough.
Details of all our franchisees are available here. Please contact them for class or party details.
We are looking for franchisees. Areas needed:
- East London
- Cape Town
For franchise enquiries, please contact our head office: Christine Phillips, 083 556 3434, email@example.com.