Newsletter, January 2015
2015 – make it count. New beginnings, new views & values, healthier bodies. Be mindful of what your family is consuming. This year we want you to LOVE what you put into your body; we want your children to be mindful of what they are eating, where it comes from and how it benefits their little bodies for their future health.
If you don’t know where to start, we are here to help. Our team of wonderful ladies are here to inspire your families.
Little Cooks Club will be focusing on improving family health for 2015. Healthy families make happy families and it is easier to stay healthy when happy so they both go hand in hand.
Trust us to teach your family healthy habits with food prepared from basic ingredients. Come to our home cooking classes & let us train your domestic – we can make a difference to your lives.
New Year Changes in 3 Months
- Sign up and get a health coach for 7 weeks. This will change your family’s view on food and lead you all in a positive direction – no diets; just good, positive eating designed for families. I will guide you for 7 weeks and it will change your lives for the future.
- Join the New Food Challenge, which starts February (for free) on Facebook. Get your family eating a new food each week. This is great for moms that are stuck in a rut for dinners, and will get all involved with goals and points. We all want our kids to get motivated about eating vegetables.
- Sign up for some cooking classes to get you inspired
20-week New Food Challenge
Like us on Facebook & invite all your friends to join in.
Print the info from our website to get started. This will be available end of January.
Each Friday I will post a new family food challenge on Facebook.
- Print the new food of the week and the recipe
- Chat to the kids about the veggie for the week and then look for an additional recipe for you to make with them. You should introduce this particular food twice in the week.
- Get the children involved with the preparation of that meal.
- Everyone in the family gets to eat and comment on it. RULE – everyone must try to get the points for the week.
- I will give you a list of the fruits/veggies or grains with points next to them. During the week if you have the other veggies on the list you can gain more points. This way, the children are motivated to include more veggies into their meals that night to get extra points. Your aim is also to have three colours on your plate.
- You can add in extras like planting the food and doing added research on it, but this all depends on the ages of your children.
- Do a little chart with everyone’s names on it and then an area where the points go.
- Each food will be on a point system, and you can earn double points for some foods.
- The point system can work per child or member. You can use stickers for this, too, if the children are small.
- Set some family goals for reaching the targets each week. These should be fun family activities that you all do together (e.g., movies, bike riding, Gold Reef City).
Share your stories and pictures with us and let’s get all your friends involved in the challenge. Children like to know that others are doing what they’re doing, so it doesn’t seem strange. Tell all your friends to Like our Facebook Page so they can join the challenge as well. The kids can then discuss this at school and it can become exciting for them.
I look forward to sharing this 20-week journey with you all, and I sincerely hope it changes your families views on veggies.
Useful Website Info
Our website is full of downloads, blogs, recipes, nutritional information and the latest research in the states about food.
Our Events section has all the classes happening at Little Cooks Club and they can be downloaded onto your Google calendar with a map.
Bookings are essential
Please check this page regularly, as it gets updated weekly with new classes on offer.
I would like to welcome 2 ladies to the Little Cooks Club brand: Dunisha in Port Elizabeth and Lindiwe in Botswana. If you know anyone in those areas, please forward this e-mail to them. We wish you all the best, ladies, in your new venture.
Looking for Franchisees
There is a huge demand for franchises in the following areas:
Northcliff / Roodepoort
KZN / Hillcrest
Online Health Coaching
This has been extremely successful with many impressed and thrilled moms doing the course. The reviews are on the website.
“it’s the most beneficial course and all moms should be doing it”
“we love working with the traffic light eating, it explains everything so clearly”
“great value, wish I had done this years ago”
“love the activity jar – it works”
New in South Africa: Online Health Coaching Course for Families and Seniors
Start date: Monday 2nd February 2015 for families. Monday 9th February 2015 for seniors (this is a different course than below).
You will spend about 1 hour a week on the course in your own time. Bookings essential for our online classroom and spaces are limited.
Cost: R1500 for the 7-week course.
Discount: R200 discount if booked before the 24th of January.
Topics covered in the online coaching (7 week course):
- Traffic Light eating & Portion Control
- Breakfast & Grains
- Fruit & Vegetables
- Protein & Power up and play
- Skinny on Fat
- Water for your body
- Great downloads, video presentations, great topics
- Online discussions & motivation from your personal health coach
- Dirty dozen, additives & preservatives – what they are
- Healthy, practical recipes for families – recipes for your families needs.
If you a parent, caregiver or teacher and you passionate about getting children off to a good start in life – sign up. Its fun, interactive and great for the children to do with you. It brings families together; it helps children understand about health with the simple programmers’ & video presentations. It’s not a diet, it’s a change of life. Having your own personal health coach will assist your family with all your personal health needs.
Email me to book dates or to chat: email@example.com
School talks available for parents and children.
Parties at Little Cooks Club
Due to the huge demand for our awesome parties, please plan your children’s parties in advance – about 3 months in advance. They are so popular and we want your child to enjoy the experience and have the best day ever.
The party themes are:
- Spade to Spatula – planting and cooking
- Whisks and Wooden Spoons – preparing one healthy delight and one naughty
- Kids vs Kitchen – team building challenges with prizes
- Liquorice and Lime – mystery baskets and tastings with prizes
- Frosting and Fondant – cake pops and cake decorating
Our parties are very personalized and special; we put so much emphasis on the children and what they are learning. Book in advance, as our parties are extremely popular. Some of the franchisees make the most beautiful cakes and cake pops if you would like to place your orders with them.
See the reviews of our parties on the website – you wont be disappointed.
Christine Phillips is Back to Teaching in March
I will be starting some new and exciting cooking classes for parents and domestics from March. These classes will be held in Bryanston. All classes will be on the events page and bookings are essential. Most of them are health eating classes, healthier ways to cook and cooking from scratch. I look forward to seeing many old friends again. These are group lessons for 2 ½ hours
Some classes will be:
- Healthy Forward Thinking Classes for Domestics
- Moms Family Wellness Class
- Pregnancy Classes – eating right while pregnant
- Blending, Shakes & Protein Bars for Busy Families on the Go
- Back to Basics with Healthy Cooking
All these classes will eventually be available at venue-specific franchises around the country.
Timeless Family Food Journal
Please order online (www.timelessfamilyfoodjournal.co.za). Only R300 for a book that will last a lifetime. Delivery R70 or you can collect.
The recipes are fantastic and the children are really enjoying making the book their own with illustrations, pasting in pictures, and moms adding notes and treasured memories. It’s perfect for ages 2 to 14 years and a must have in every home. It contains some great holiday ideas on what to make from soaps and body scrubs to paint and playdough.