These yogurt pops are a great alternative to the sugary lollies found in regular stores and will satisfy anyone with a sweet tooth, regardless of age. They’re perfect on a hot summer’s day, or any time of year – whenever you fancy really!
Jamie’s Top Tips
- Feel free to mix things up a bit and use some different fruit along with the bananas – berries are especially good. Raspberries are really tasty and you can use them here, but I tend to stay away from them because of the seeds.
- This recipe uses frozen fruit which is great as it will have been picked while it’s at its best and frozen in time to keep in as many of the vitamins and minerals as possible. Have a search in your local store to see what frozen fruit you can get your hands on and experiment with different flavor combinations until you find your favorite.
- Peel and slice your banana and put it into a food processor or blender with the frozen berries, yogurt and honey. Whiz it up on a low setting until really smooth.
- Divide the mixture between 6 paper cups or plastic molds – you want about 4 ounces in each.
- Place the pops in the freezer for 10 minutes, then gently poke a popsicle stick into the center of each one. Place back in the freezer for at least 3 hours, or until frozen solid.