Junior Chefs Cooking Programme
This innovative cooking programme was designed for children between the ages of 7 and 15 who want to learn to cook and are interested in food and food preparation.
During our four week programme, children work together in teams to promote team work in a pressure-free cooking environment. Our classes are small to ensure that each child gets personal attention. Our aim is to instil a life-long love for cooking in your child. The Junior Chefs Cooking Programme is specially designed to:
- Enable your child to assist you in preparing family meals, giving you the opportunity to spend quality time together.
- Give your child the freedom to express themselves in a creative way through cooking.
- Teach your child adult skills like food preparation, which will boost your child’s confidence and encourage independence.
- Teach your child to read recipes, plan ahead, concentrate and complete tasks in a small time frame.
- Teach your child about kitchen hygiene, nutrition and food combinations.
- Encourage your child to try new foods.
At School Programme
The Little Cooks Club At School Programme is a derivative of the original Little Cooks Club programme, and is endorsed by occupational therapists. It creates an opportunity for parents that work full time to expose their children to the Little Cooks Club principles through their extra-mural activities at school.
Children learn to cook in teams, which is a great way for them to make friends and build their confidence. There’s no pressure involved in our cooking lessons, the emphasis is on having fun while discovering a few basic kitchen techniques and the fundamentals of cooking.
Open classes are held once a term, giving the children an opportunity to showcase the skills they have learnt. Parents are encouraged to attend the open classes as the children will be presented with a certificate.
Register your child for the At School Programme by completing an enrolment and indemnity form, which is obtainable at your child’s school or at your local Little Cooks Club Franchise.