Kids vs. Kitchen Party
Children work in teams and challenge each other to an exciting cook off.
We allow the older children to work in two teams and encourage them to be independent of the Chefs which act more as facilitators than run the actual party.
The children are given a theme (discussed with parents prior to the party). They are then tasked with planning the entire event from selecting the leaders and delegating tasks, to planning the menu and preparing it. They will be provided with a large selection of ingredients and must prepare the meals which will be served to a parent and the chef as final judges (as well as judging each other).
Added challenge — THE EXTREME WHISK OFF… we have an internal challenge for this to see who is the best Little Cooks Club whisker…
Judging is done on presentation, creativity and taste, and everyone will always leave a winner with one winning team.
Venue and Cost
Our parties are hosted at a Little Cooks Club franchise of your choice. Please contact the franchises closest to you for available party times and a tailor-made quote.
Our Party Package Includes
- Electronic invitations that can be sent to the guests beforehand via e-mail (or special printed invites).
- All the equipment and ingredients needed for cooking activities.
- Each child receives a certificate after the party with the day’s recipe(s) (and gardening plant information for the Spade to Spatula party).
- Tea, coffee, juice and water for children.
- Aprons, for use only.
- A paper chef’s hat for the birthday boy or girl, with the child’s name and logo printed on it.
- Takeaway packets for food, which is taken home afterwards if not eaten at the party.
- Balloons, jumping castles, own party packs, cake, etc., can be brought. Please arrange with Little Cooks Club beforehand.
- Cold drinks and ice for adults to be provided by yourself. No alcohol allowed at children’s birthday parties.
Party Duration and Venue Usage
Parties usually take 2 hours, or as indicated per party option. The venue will be available 15 minutes before the party starts to arrange any extras (cakes, snacks, etc., not provided and per prior arrangement), and 15 minutes after to pack up.
- R500 deposit must be paid when booking the party.
- The deposit books your place; we can unfortunately not keep dates open without a deposit being paid.
- The full amount must please be paid 3 days before the party.
- Refund of deposit:
1) Cancellation 3 weeks before the party, a full refund will be paid back.
2) Cancellation up to 1 week before the party, a 50% refund will be paid back.
3) Cancellation less than a week before the party, no refund of deposit.