Tips for a Healthier Way of Eating
Modern society changed the way of eating from eating whole foods to processed foods! As it’s just so convenient and quick… or so they make us believe.
Transitioning to a healthier way of eating may seem daunting so here are some tips to keep in mind. This may be a big change for you, so take it a step at time. Pick 1 or 2 changes to make now, and once those are in place, pick 1 or 2 more. This is the best way to make it part of a lifestyle change and something you can totally live with. The dietary changes you’re making should not feel restrictive, overwhelming or hard to live with.
Here are our 6 tips for adding healthy, whole foods to your diet:
- Eat vegetables at most meals. Think salads, side dishes, soups, or even adding veggies to your sandwich or wrap. Don’t forget to always add vegetables and fruit to your little once lunch box. When You’ve mastered this go green and plant your own vegetable garden to be organic and fresher
- Fruit is the new something sweet. When you are having a craving for something sweet, opt for a serving of fruit to satisfy your craving.
- Go natural, free range, hormone-free and organic with meat. You will get the maximum nutrients possible without the harmful pesticides residue, antibiotics, hormones, etc.
- A pantry filled with healthy food choices that are ready to eat and go. Snacks like nuts, seeds, snack bars (try without any added sugar and raw) or fruit are good for ‘grab and go’.
- If you leave the house for more than 2 hours, take something good to snack on with. Remember, eating healthy foods on a regular basis will help you avoid unhealthy choices. Make up some of your own trail mix (avoid readymade trail mix as most of them have hydrogenated oils and other undesirable, processed ingredients) or bring a small cooler to keep in the car with fresh fruit or even vegetable sticks to snack on.
- Most importantly, making small changes over time will make a huge difference, and it makes the changes easier to stick to. In this case go big or go home will take you back to step one, so go easy for life!